|Find the best surf spots||
This is an interactive map! Use controls to pan and zoom this map.
Datum: WGS84 [ Help ]
Latitude: 33° 46.958' N
User rating (26)
Wannasurf.com is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in this guide. You use this guide at your own risk.
Choose your format: please login first
In Palos Verdes Estates, off of Paseo Del Mar, between Indicator and Lunada Bay. In a sense these two reefs are further "up the point" from Indicator.
Easy to find?
Power, , ,
Good day length
Good swell direction,
Good wind direction,
Swell sizeStarts working at and holds up to
Best tide position
Best tide movement
Look at a map of PV Estates, showinf Indicator & Lunada Bay. Just past upper Indicator there's a divet in the point. That's Charlies, a low tide left. Past that, up the point, is Turbos, an amazing left that really peaks up and focuses over a shelf in the reef. Just past Turbos, before the mini-cove at the base of Dominators but before Longs (the right that breaks into that mini-cove), is Pipes. Pipes is a barrell, a long beatiful left that is more fickle than Turbos but really gorgeous when it breaks.
The locals can be nasty. This is the Lunada bay region. Still, I've gotten many, many days out there with either no one else out or just a few mellow PV locals (they actually outnumber the assholes by a fair margin, but you know which ones you're going to end up remembering). Be cool, be discreet, carry your stuff down the cliff with you, surf well and more likely than not you'll do fine.
List of spots between Upper Indicator and Lunada:
1. No-Man's - left, next to uppers, rare
2. Charlies - left, low tide, works small
3. Turbos (as described above)
4. Pipes (as described above)
5. Longs - right
5. TA's - peak, very localized, not very good
6. Ganja's (inside Doms) - Left, breaks on SW & NW
7. Dominator's - Big left - can be awesome
8. Truck Drivers - Right - the deepest Lunada spot
Explore and enjoy. These are ALL good spots, worth being widely known and worth looking into. Don't be discouraged. Keep coming back until you get these spots wired!!
By lawser77 , 10-04-2010
- FIRST OF ALL I SURF HERE AND HAVE FOR THE PAST 12 YEARS AND IT TOOK ME ABOUT THAT TIME TO EARN MY WAY INTO THE LINEUP..IM HERE EVERYTIME THIS WAVE BREAKS AND THEN WHEN THE TIDES TOO LOW TO SURFI BODYSURFBOOGIE I SEE THE SAME 4 PEOPLE ALL THE TIME SO WHEN WE ARE OUT DONT BOTHER COMING OUT UNTIL WERE DONE OR THE TIDES TOO LOW...WEBSITES LIKE THIS BURN ALOT OF GOOD SPOTS..SUCKS...
By Anonymous , 13-01-2010
just lookin to expand my horizons - Been surfing for 20 yrs. always wanted to surf the beautiful spots on the hill but out of repsect for the locals have stayed away. would finally like to surf longs or TA's, would come alone, pack my trash, wouldn't go out unless there were less than 3 out. super mellow guy, solid surfer, just want to get some quality waves without being threatened. any advice
You can edit this page to correct errors or add new information. If you have any problems regarding this page, Send us feedback.