|Find the best surf spots||
This is an interactive map! Use controls to pan and zoom this map.
Datum: WGS84 [ Help ]
Latitude: 28° 5.305' S
User rating (98)
Wannasurf.com is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in this guide. You use this guide at your own risk.
Choose your format: please login first
easy, right off the road
DistanceIn the city
WalkInstant access (< 5min)
Easy to find?Easy to find
Public access?Public access
Special accessDon't know
ExperiencePros or kamikaze only...
BottomSandy with rock
PowerHollow, Fast, Fun
Normal lengthNormal (50 to 150m)
Good day lengthLong (150 to 300 m)
Good swell directionSouthEast
Good wind directionNorthWest, West
Swell sizeStarts working at 1.5m-2m /5ft-6ft and holds up to 3m+ / 10ft+
Best tide positionAll tides
Best tide movementRising tide
Week-end crowdUltra crowded
1. Take off deep. long barrels. watch the crowd and dont run over any japanese
2. In the old days before the Bulldozing of the beach you can walk out to the swimming pool and cut straight into the waves (especially when its 3-4ft)
3. Since the 1999-2000 Bulldozing incident, the only waves available are far out at the point 300m-400m from the beach and carpark.
4. This place goes sick at 6ft+.
5. WARNING ... ROCKS EVERYWHERE!
6. You cannot see the point from the camera.
This place is rubbish unless you are a Pro/Kamikaze.
If you are a Pro/Kamikaze this place KICK ASS.
Careful with the rocks.
sick, best waves in the world especially if your a natural footer
By lachy dog , 08-02-2010
- That would be aaron i know who your talking about actually.. aaron raguse his name is, he rode a white carbon board, now rides a yellow exile skimboard .. i think, hes probably the best skimboarder around the goldy.. i surf here but only of recent has got good AGAIN!! =)
By Adam , 02-07-2008
Shoreys - This place gets some of the gnarliest shoreys on the right day! Loving it. Goldy Skimboarders come here when the beach steeps up, there nuts! boosting some hard out airs! and sick wraps! one dude who has a white carbon skimboard shreds!!
By Anonymous , 20-11-2007
Worst months ever - Hardly worked properly for months multiple fast breaking peaks no long walls, 40' sand pumping pipe left in the break must be part of the problem plus all the other messing with nature down the coast - Snapper not as good now either
You can edit this page to correct errors or add new information. If you have any problems regarding this page, Send us feedback.