|Find the best surf spots||
This is an interactive map! Use controls to pan and zoom this map.
Datum: WGS84 [ Help ]
Latitude: 29° 47.083' S
User rating (31)
Wannasurf.com is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in this guide. You use this guide at your own risk.
Choose your format: please login first
Normal road access
DistanceIn the city
WalkInstant access (< 5min)
Easy to find?Easy to find
Public access?Public access
Special accessDon't know
DirectionRight and left
Normal lengthShort (< 50m)
Good day lengthNormal (50 to 150m)
Good swell directionSouth, SouthEast, NorthEast
Good wind directionNorthWest, West, SouthWest
Swell sizeStarts working at Less than 1m / 3ft and holds up to 2.5m+ / 8ft+
Best tide positionDon't know
Best tide movementDon't know
- Rips / undertow
- During the summer the surf is quite crowded!!
- Be careful with fisherman nets between april and november. Sometimes there are long nets in the sea around 50m or longer, be careful because you can't see them in water and many surfers have drowned in this area because of that kind of fishing and strong rips.
- Be careful with the pillars if you're surfing next to the pier, there are many mussels attached to it.
- Direitas extensas do lado esquerdo, e do lado direito uma bancada de pedra formada pelo braço do pier que caiu forma ondas fortes, conectando ate o inside,obs: se estiver com mare seca os destroços ficam expostos.
Melhor ondulação Sul, Sudeste , nordeste e principalmente Leste.
Melhores ventos oeste sudoeste sul e noroeste.
By Gaucho , 03-06-2010
Cool Decent Waves - Very crowded in the summer it can produce some pretty good waves occasionally, and then the bigger ones are behind the pier. It is a famous rich people summer destination and is not rare to see Porsches and Mercedes driving around and of course the most beautiful women on earth! It's really a nice place to spend your vacations in the summer but if you're looking for surf only try Torres or Santa Catarina. Atlantida is in fact just a district of Xangrila beach. Apart from the waves there is a very famous music festival called "Planeta Atlantida", one of the biggest in the country... hot party girls everywhere!
By Anonymous , 16-12-2008
- The waves are pretty much fucked up, but I can assure that you will never see such nice asses in the world as you get down here. German and italian migration was very popular in the start of the century in these areas and when mixed to its locals (Portugueses, africans and native indians) it turned on a great dish... No surf trip. Yes party trip (in the summer).
By Fernando Zanon , 02-03-2007
Epic... - If you´re luky enough to surf after a storm, you will surf epic waves!! Usually after a storm, the wind is West and the swell is great!!BUT, it´s not very common to surf epic waves... Atlantida is not a Spot to a surf trip!Some days can be totally flat! Some days(south swell) it can be a 8 ft(2,5m) outside wave...Just take care with playboys that dont know to swim and try to surf...In the winter(june-august) there is no crowd, very cold water and big waves... in the summer is VERY crowded, and usually a 2ft(0,5m) nice wave(no barrels)...
You can edit this page to correct errors or add new information. If you have any problems regarding this page, Send us feedback.