|Find the best surf spots||
Trip: Get Familiar with Who Needs ESTA For Entering The US
Tuesday January 8 2019 01:39:04 PM
Date: from Jan 8, 2019 to Jan 8, 2019
Surf trip description:
Electronic System for Travel Authorization is the full form for ESTA. It is an approval program designed for those arriving in the US under VWP or Visa Waiver Program. The citizens of 38 countries included in the VWP list get a chance to travel to the US without any need for Visa. VWP is designed and controlled by the US government, so participating countries have no right to make alterations, so as to enable more people travel Visa-free to the US.
Let’s understand who needs USA ESTA?
· If you are citizen of a country included in VWP and plan to travel to the US as per VWP regulations then there is no need for getting a Visa just apply for ESTA.
· If you are citizen of VWP country and traveling to the US by land then there is no need for ESTA but if you are visiting by sea or air then ESTA application and approval is needed. On the other hand, if you are not a native of VWP country then you will need to obtain a Visa and so ESTA is not applicable to you.
· If you are citizen of VWP country and visiting the US from Mexico or Canada by land then there is no need for ESTA but you will need to return the green I-94W Card, when you depart. In case, you arrive by land but depart by flight then return the green I-($W card to airline representative before boarding the airplane.
· If you are a citizen of VWP country and only transiting through the US by sea or air then there is a need for ESTA. In the application form, write ‘In Transit’.
· People having one passport from VWP country and other from non-VWP country [holding dual citizenship] need to apply for ESTA if they fly with VWP passport [under VWP terms]. If they use non-VWP country passport then there will be a need to obtain a Visa.
· Travel from the US to CNMI/Guam is regarded as domestic flight therefore ESTA is not needed but the stay is limited to maximum 45 days. For travel from CNMI/Guam to the US travelers have to go through pre-inspection. However, if travel to CNMI/Guam is under VWP then there is a need for ESTA.
· If you are citizen of VWP country and traveling to the US Virgin Island or Puerto Rico for short-term tourism or business then ESTA is required for these locations.
· An independent ESTA approval is needed for minor traveling as tourist under the VWP for not more than 90 days.
· An US citizen having dual citizenship in VWP country will not need an ESTA but can use their US passport for traveling around the United States.
VWP regulations for USA ESTA visa includes traveling for maximum 90 days, visit purpose is for transit, tourism, or business and enter the US turf by sea or air. One thing to keep in mind is your ESTA approval is for two years and it allows to travel multiple times but each visit has to be limited to 90 days.
Even with ESTA, your entry will be controlled by the border customs. Therefore, make sure to gain as much information as you can to enter the US without border control issues.
Modified: Tuesday January 8 2019 01:39:35 PM