|Find the best surf spots||
This is an interactive map! Use controls to pan and zoom this map.
Datum: WGS84 [ Help ]
Latitude: 28° 2.344' S
User rating (19)
Wannasurf.com is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in this guide. You use this guide at your own risk.
Choose your format: please login first
It's in Garopaba, Santa Catarina. Turn right at Mormaii surfshop, go up and down the montain, you won't miss it.
DistanceTake a car
WalkShort walk (5-15 mn)
Easy to find?Easy to find
Public access?Public access
Special accessDon't know
Wave qualityWorld Class
ExperiencePros or kamikaze only...
FrequencyVery consistent (150 day/year)
BottomFlat rocks with sand
PowerHollow, Fast, Powerful
Normal lengthLong (150 to 300 m)
Good day lengthVery Long (300 to 500 m)
Good swell directionSouth, SouthEast
Good wind directionNorthWest, West, SouthWest, South, NorthEast
Swell sizeStarts working at 1.0m-1.5m / 3ft-5ft and holds up to 4m+ / 12ft
Best tide positionMid tide
Best tide movementRising and falling tides
Week-end crowdUltra crowded
- Big swells are held on the point break with rocky bottom, on the Southern border. On Northern border, you will find good crowdless beach breaks.
- The inside on southern border holds a fast and tubular wave on smaller swells, which is called Mike Tyson. Can you figure out why? lol
- Respect the people and the nature, then they all will respect you.
- Take a look at this video. It is a "normal day" quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MFRRwGHVLU
This place isn't for "summer surfers" and that doesn't mean localism, you will need a good physical condition and to be prepared for it. It's heavy and dangerous, be careful.
- When the Point-break is on, it's a world class wave. Held many surfing events.
- Intense crowd on the South so remember: RESPECT THE LOCALS or you gonna be in trouble.
By roselora , 9 Jan
By Fabricio Braga , 22-02-2007
Good place to surf.. - Silveira is one of the best places of the Brazil. Good waves, specially with a south swell.But if are not an experienced surfer, watch out or you will get in trouble here. Respect the locals, and you have a lot of fun here.
By Matiassurfbrazil!!!!!! , 29-08-2006
surfing silveira!!!! - Santa Catarina has the best peaks of the brazil and silveira when it enters the undulation of south we are wild and however it is optimum peak of Santa Catarina!
You can edit this page to correct errors or add new information. If you have any problems regarding this page, Send us feedback.