|Find the best surf spots||
This is an interactive map! Use controls to pan and zoom this map.
Datum: WGS84 [ Help ]
Latitude: 28° 8.124' S
User rating (15)
Wannasurf.com is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in this guide. You use this guide at your own risk.
Choose your format: please login first
follow the signs "Praia do Rosa"
DistanceTake a car
WalkInstant access (< 5min)
Easy to find?OK
Public access?Public access
Special accessDon't know
Alternative name Praia do Rosa - Canto Sul
Wave qualityRegional Classic
FrequencyVery consistent (150 day/year)
DirectionRight and left
Normal lengthNormal (50 to 150m)
Good day lengthNormal (50 to 150m)
Good swell directionSouth, SouthEast, East, NorthEast
Good wind directionWest, SouthWest, South
Swell sizeStarts working at Less than 1m / 3ft and holds up to 3m+ / 10ft+
Best tide positionAll tides
Best tide movementRising and falling tides
Week-end crowdUltra crowded
- it work with south winds! if the wind direction is from the north try surfing "rosa norte"
nice beach, great atmosphere......... during summer nice party and chicks, but very crowded to surf, the locals are not very friendly dduring summer
- hollow waves on the middle of the beach
a must go....... if its to crowded try ibiraquera that has better waves and less crowd
- its better to sleep in other place, cause here there is a lot of crowd and many thiefs, but its a very nice place
- RESPECT THE LOCALS
By Anonymous , 24-10-2008
- ok that is just dumb before they said rosa norte is very consistant and breaks all the time (which is true) mostly from chest to a foot overhead but rosa sul is way less consistant and when is is muchsy rosa norte is more of a wall... but when rosa sul gets good it barrels allot more but that is not alwayz, fix the mistake rosa norte is much more consistant... I have a house at rosa sul I dont need to get out of bed to see the waves there TRUST ME
By Anonymous , 27-02-2007
rosa surfer - o yeah also the thing he said that was wrong was about it being no crowds in winter is not true, you can get it with few sometimes no people but on the average there is always people in the water and dont think that is is easy getting any wave you want on there beach breaks beacause they know what they are doin and when it get bigger the crowd always thins so get some balls and go out there!!!
By Anonymous , 15-06-2006
- i was there this carnival and it was amazing !!!!sunny, hot water, offshore (south wind) and excellent waves ( 1,5 - 2m ), long and powerful !!!
You can edit this page to correct errors or add new information. If you have any problems regarding this page, Send us feedback.