Lost password? New user? Register
Democratic Republic of the Congo
British Indian Ocean Territory
Northen Mariana Island
Papua New Guinea
Republic of Palau
Robinson Crusoe Islands
Wallis and Futuna
Antigua and Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Haiti and Navassa
Saint Andrés and Providencia
Saint Kitts and Nevis Island
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Turks and Caicos
US Virgin Islands
Jordan - Aqaba
United Arabs Emirates
United States of America
South Georgia and Sandwich Islands
Teiki Mathieu Baillan surfing a self-made Alaya surfboard in Macaroni, Mentawaï, Indonesia. Photo by C. Naslain, 2009.
Please login to use this tool.No account yet? Register first; it's free!
Hej! - Howsit, surf starved south African here would give testicals for a barrel here in Sweden. Staying south in Malmö but travel often for surf. Any info on the spot and its whereabouts? I understand u okes wanna keep it a secret, i wont tell and i only intend to visit maybe a handfull of times. I know of a pretty groovy spot down here i can tell about, also barrels, i dont think anyone knows of it, can only get there by boat. Ill buy the first round of beers for directions, feel free to email me.Jono
Calisurfer - that ain't no beachbreak, that wave is freakin' scary, not big, just shallow, don't think the locals need to be too worried, most peops won't be able to surf it
By Long John
- you're crazy if you say there isn't room for manoevers on that wave, the left lets you get tubed, and the shoulder has room for a cutback, if the last part closes out you have a nice place for a foamy rebount, air, floater or whatever, it's definitely a more performance orientated wave than Åsa!
- John, I said not that I wanted too keep it the secret, I said the locals did!
- Me and some friends were surfing this break during 1993-1998 when I lived in the area. We always used to windsurf spots in the neighbourhood and surfed "Björnviken" when there was enough swell. I can´t remember it being a good wave, just a short wedge with some power, but it was close to home. I think it get´s kind of boring with such a short face without room for manouvers but as we say in Sweden; the taste is like the butt. Fun to see that there is a new crew surfing that place now but I wouldn´t be scared of it getting crowded. I know many people who tried it but didn´t like the wave very much. I think they´ll stick to Åsa.
john - What the hell!!! If you're so worried about this spot becoming crowded, then do not put it on the WORLD WIDE WEB!
- the locals is not so bad. They does not like it to not be a secret.
- a very bumpy wave, not really worth the hassle that the locals will give you
- bumpy wave but it gets some shelter from the wind, one pain in the arse to get to though.
Wannasurf.com on your mobile
RSS All the RSS feeds of Wannasurf.com
Newsletter All news by email