My Surf

  • My Profile
  • My Travel Map
  • My Surfed Spots
  • My Sessions
  • My Trips
  • My Pictures
  • My Messages
  • My Blog
  • Add new blog

Teiki Mathieu Baillan surfing a self-made Alaia surfboard in Lances Left, Mentawaï, Indonesia. Photo by C. Naslain, 2009.

Surf spot atlas made by surfers for surfers
Enjoy and contribute!

 Bowls

Japan, Okinawa

Other places:

GPS coordinates not set ! Edit this page and use the map selector to add the surf spot GPS location !

User rating (0)


  • Favourite
  • Your favourites and future surf spot lists

    Add surf spots to your profile

 Access

Just south of sunabe seawall

English (Translate this text in English): Just south of sunabe seawall

English (Translate this text in English): Just south of sunabe seawall

English (Translate this text in English): Just south of sunabe seawall

DistanceIn the city

WalkInstant access (< 5min)

Easy to find?Easy to find

Public access?Public access

Special accessDon't know

 Surf Spot Characteristics

Surf Spot Quality

Wave qualityRegional Classic

ExperienceExperienced surfers

FrequencyRegular

Wave

TypeReef-rocky

DirectionRight

BottomReef (coral, sharp rocks etc..)

PowerHollow, Fun

Normal lengthShort (< 50m)

Good day lengthNormal (50 to 150m)

Tide, Swell and Wind

Good swell directionNorthWest, West, SouthWest

Good wind directionEast, NorthEast

Swell sizeStarts working at 1.0m-1.5m / 3ft-5ft and holds up to 2.5m+ / 8ft+

Best tide positionAll tides

Best tide movementRising and falling tides

More details

Week crowdFew surfers

Week-end crowdUltra crowded

Webcam urlhttp://www.mensoresurfing... 

Dangers

- Urchins
- Rips / undertow
- Man-made danger (buoys etc..)
- Localism
- Sharks

 Additional Information

Fun wave, gets crowded with more than 8 people on the really small takeoff. Crowd consist of mainly military. can produce doubble lip meat grinders that are fun to back door if you got the marbles. On the right swell you can get a 3-5 second barrel out of em.
if you cant surf, dont crowd this small take off zone. be kind to the locals too, water already has enough "hard talking-pissed off-cant pull off a bottom turn- hard core surfers out.

English (Translate this text in English): Fun wave, gets crowded with more than 8 people on the really small takeoff. Crowd consist of mainly military. can produce doubble lip meat grinders that are fun to back door if you got the marbles. On the right swell you can get a 3-5 second barrel out of em.<br />if you cant surf, dont crowd this small take off zone. be kind to the locals too, water already has enough &quot;hard talking-pissed off-cant pull off a bottom turn- hard core surfers out.

English (Translate this text in English): Fun wave, gets crowded with more than 8 people on the really small takeoff. Crowd consist of mainly military. can produce doubble lip meat grinders that are fun to back door if you got the marbles. On the right swell you can get a 3-5 second barrel out of em.&lt;br &#47;&gt;if you cant surf, dont crowd this small take off zone. be kind to the locals too, water already has enough &amp;quot;hard talking-pissed off-cant pull off a bottom turn- hard core surfers out.

English (Translate this text in English): Fun wave, gets crowded with more than 8 people on the really small takeoff. Crowd consist of mainly military. can produce doubble lip meat grinders that are fun to back door if you got the marbles. On the right swell you can get a 3-5 second barrel out of em.&amp;lt;br &amp;#47;&amp;gt;if you cant surf, dont crowd this small take off zone. be kind to the locals too, water already has enough &amp;amp;quot;hard talking-pissed off-cant pull off a bottom turn- hard core surfers out.

Atmosphere

75% the vibe is pretty mello, everyone gets along with everyone, the other 25% consist of a single pissed off dude thats dropping in on everyone and ruins the session for everyone.

English (Translate this text in English): 75% the vibe is pretty mello, everyone gets along with everyone, the other 25% consist of a single pissed off dude thats dropping in on everyone and ruins the session for everyone.

English (Translate this text in English): 75% the vibe is pretty mello, everyone gets along with everyone, the other 25% consist of a single pissed off dude thats dropping in on everyone and ruins the session for everyone.

English (Translate this text in English): 75% the vibe is pretty mello, everyone gets along with everyone, the other 25% consist of a single pissed off dude thats dropping in on everyone and ruins the session for everyone.

General

great fun wave with Relaxed have fun crowd that knows what they're doing.

English (Translate this text in English): great fun wave with Relaxed have fun crowd that knows what they're doing.

English (Translate this text in English): great fun wave with Relaxed have fun crowd that knows what they're doing.

English (Translate this text in English): great fun wave with Relaxed have fun crowd that knows what they're doing.

Local professional? Add your surf business

Business directory

  • Show all (0)...
  • surf tours (0)
  • surf shops and shapers (0)
  • surf schools (0)
  • sleep & eat (0)
  • rent a car, others (0)

 Photos

Show all (0)...

No available picture

 Videos

Show all (0)...

No video available

 Last surf sessions

Add a surf session

Show all (0)...

No surf session

 Last surf trips

Add trip

Show all (0)...

No surf trip

 Comments

Add comment

Show all (1)...

By Anonymous , 07-08-2006

bowls "a right" - That's a good cover up to keep the kooks out, but the secret is out. The left is why people surf it. It has a really critical take-off area that sucks off the reef and throws a short barrel with a rippable shoulder that may be good for a turn or two. I have seen people try the right, but it is definitely not anything to speak of.

Errors, Feedback

You can edit this page to correct errors or add new information. If you have any problems regarding this page, Send us feedback.

Advertise

On the Go!

Wannasurf.com on your mobile

RSS All the RSS feeds of Wannasurf.com

Newsletter All news by email

Friends of Wannasurf

Wannasurf Online Shop