Re:your worse surf injury ? - 2007/05/28 07:00I've had several... Their in orders from worst to little.
1. Surfing Salt Creek I was paddling for a wave but did not see the guy already on it. I was still lying down and was sucked over the falls. In all the mess his board finned me in the left leg all the way down to the mucsle. I must have tore the muscle or something but I could not walk at all and had to be driven up the hill by the lifeguard.
2. Surfing Scrips I was caught on the inside and had just made it back out. My arms were tired from the hard paddle when my surfing Karma failed me and put another set coming my way. Stupidly when coming up from the duckdive I decided to stick my foot into the barrel, I didn't realize how deep I still was and the surfers nose went straight into my foot. I tried to be tough and stay out but when I tried to stand up it hurt to much. I eventually walked it off but it really hurt for a couple of days and am still paranoid when being caught on the inside to this day.
3. Surfing Thalia St. (a fun little reef to a shorebreak barrel section) I had it with perfect barrels all to my self and it was SUMMER I was really stoked but I was getting really hungry and decided to take a last one in (it's always the last one eh) A pretty fun wave came and I made it to the shorebreak section and decided to pull in. Of course I didn't make it. Swiming breast stroke to the surface my board was also trying to come up. The wave slammed it into my foot while I was kicking out I came up and was in such pain I didn't even bother to look I my board. When I came back from Lunch I finnaly checked the bottom to find the nose was almost gone and half the board was stressed. The result, an unrepairable board and a foot so swollen It wouldn't fit in my shoe.
4. I cut my foot open pretty bad at Trestles.
5. Other minor cuts and bruises.
| | The administrator has disabled public write access.